Dr. Urias Beverly
Director of the Doctor of Ministry Program
Associate Professor of Pastoral
Care and Counseling
(313) 831-5200 ext. 216
- Graduate Level Research Paper: Topic of choice but Theology based
(Minimum of 10 pages, excluding cover and references page, using at least 5 citations which should be
documented on references listed).
- Stepping Stones (2-3 pages): personal journey to and in ministry.
- Chronological listing of three years of ministry experience.
- Copy of ordination and/or licensing papers.
- Signed recommendation letter from your ministry context supervisor. This can be your governing body, the board of your church, or your immediate supervisor, depending on your denominational structure and the ministry work you are currently engaged in. Must be submitted in a sealed envelopes.
- Three additional signed letters of recommendation, from co-peers, co-workers, professors, etc.). Must be submitted in a sealed envelopes.
- Official transcripts; all previous undergraduate and graduate studies transcripts are to be mailed directly from your undergraduate and graduate institutions. Student-issued transcripts are not acceptable. Must be submitted in a sealed envelopes.
All documentation for application to the Doctor of Ministry Program must be received at least two months prior to the beginning of the term for which you are applying. Once your application materials have been received, you will be contacted to schedule an interview with the Program Director to evaluate your admission file. The final decision of acceptance will be made by the Admissions Committee.
Application Process for Doctor of Ministry Program
ECUMENICAL THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY
Many traditions. One Spirit.
A Master of Divinity or an equivalent Master’s degree in a theological field is required for admission to the Doctor of Ministry program. If your Master’s degree is not the equivalent of a Master of Divinity degree, you may be required to take courses on the Master’s level before beginning the doctoral program.
Please submit the following information:
- On-line Applicationand non-refundable application fee of $45.00 MUST BE PAID AT TIME OF APPLICATION SUBMISSION. Your application will not be process until payment has been received.