The Doctor of Ministry in Professional Education and Leadership
The Doctor of Ministry in Professional Education and Leadership is a unique program designed for Supervisory Clinical Pastoral Educators. The focus is to enhance the practice of ministry among supervisory clinical spiritual care educators.
The accelerated academic and practical program is designed with an emphasis geared to ministry in the clinical settings of hospitals, hospice, military chaplains etc. Interpreting the theological meanings within a clinical setting provides the lived experience of ministry defined from a clinical context of faith to bear on immediate existential challenges of ministry.
Worship, prayer and meditation are explored as basic ways of understanding and living ministry.
The program of study is developed within the experience of a colleague group. Intensive experiential colleague groups provide the setting in which students and faculty will learn, teach, and pray together. The theory and praxis of ministry in a clinical setting strengthens the academic process through transparency, supported by modeling faithful and effective ministerial leadership as chaplains, and clinicians outside of the church setting.
The CPE Doctor of Ministry in Professional Education and Leadership is a two year residency of personal and professional growth. The prior work required for certification as a Clinical Pastoral Educator is accepted for the 1st and the 6th Emergent Week.
Courses in the Doctor of Ministry Program
- 4 Core courses (3 credit hours per course = 12 cr hrs)
- 4 Thematic courses (3 credit hours per course = 12 cr hrs)
- Colleague Group-2 years (12 credit hours per year = 24 cr hrs)
- Approved Dissertation (18 cr hrs).
- Plus the students will get credit for prior CPE work to total 90 credit hrs.
- The culmination of the Doctor of Ministry Program is the defense of your concept based on your ministry event which is a ministerial problem that you will research, design, implement and evaluate. The defense of the ministry event is your demonstration of growth and excellence in ministry.
Total credits for this Program is 90
Note:In lieu of the first and sixth Emergent Week, CPE students may submit their Spiritual Autobiography, Context Analysis, Ministry Praxis, and an idea of their Ministry Project focus. There is a fee.