top of page



An internal complaints procedure is outlined within the student handbooks; students are requested to follow this procedure first, if possible. If a satisfactory resolution is not reached, students have recourse to external agencies:


  • Michigan Attorney General, Consumer Protection Division. For consumer protection issues, students may contact the Attorney General at PO Box 30213, Lansing, MI 48909-7713.

  • Michigan Department of Treasury, Student Financial Services Bureau.

       o State of Michigan financial aid issues may be addressed to the Bureau at (888) 447-2687 or (517) 373-4897.     

       o Issues with Federal Financial Aid may be directed to the Federal 

          Student Aid Ombudsman Group of the U.S. Department of 

          Education and/or the Federal Student Aid Information Center, at

          (800) 433-3243, (800) 4FED-AID, or online at


Association of Theological Schools (ATS). The Ecumenical Theological Seminary (ETzS) is a member institution of the Association for Theological Schools (ATS), our accrediting agency. ATS maintains accreditation standards, which may be found at


Any student with a complaint regarding violation of ATS accreditation standards should contact the Executive Assistant to the President-Academics, who will file the complaint for review by ATS.

bottom of page